Monday 13 June 2011

South West Essex Canine Association

Yesterday I took Dad to to the South West Essex Canine Association (SWECA) dog show. A show is a special doggy get-together where lots of dogs gather together to show off their parents - the dogs who's parents behave best (and give them the most treats) get a rosette. The show is judged by someone who is an expert parent to many dogs and should know how to behave really well.

I entered Dad in three classes - Novice Puppy, Gundog Puppy and the Charity Puppy Stakes. I the first class Dad got 4th place; afterwards some people gave Dad some pointers on how to walk and give me treats and then in the Gundog Puppy he got a second place (which came with a nice blue rosette); Unfortunately he didn't do very well in the Charity stakes class.

I was particularly happy that none of the gun dog puppy had a gun with them - I don't like things that make load bangs.

I think I'll let Dad have a rest next week but the weekend after that he'll be taking me two two shows (Windsor Championship show and Berkshire Downs Golden Retriever Club show).

No comments:

Post a Comment